cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archiving question

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

GR55 is standard SAP transaction that has various report groups tied to it. Once GR55 is executed for one report group, SAP has the data source button to select archived data as source for the report. For example, report group 8A20 and 8A24 both read from the same data source. So, if we enable 8A20 to read from archive, then would 8A24 (as an example) work as default, if not, would the effort be only marginal or same effort as enabling the first one. We are trying to balance the need from business with different options available and wanted to understand the effort basis for incremental enabling of archive data as source for individual data source.

your ealier responce is much appreciated.

Regards

Kasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kasi,

If I understood your question properly, u201CData Source u2013 Read from Archiveu201D reads the data from archived data. This selection is applicable if archiving has already been done, otherwise no effect.

In other words, with this selection system reads the data from archived documents.

Hope this helps.

Ambadas

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it mean that I dont need to do any settings to run for each report group. Could I access all report groups from single data source. (when mutiple report groups are archived).

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it mean that I dont need to do any settings to run for each individual report group. Could I access all report groups from single data source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes for online data and no for archived data.

kasithunuguntla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kodam,

Thank you very much for your response.

From what I understand, When I click on the button to select archived data as source for the report, I will only get particular report group say 8A20 that is eanbled to read from archive. If I need to read a different report group say 8A25 from archived data source, I will need to do the similar settings that I did to read 8A20.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards

Kasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

We are having the similar requirement of making some of the report groups(custom report groups) archive enabled. Could you pls let me know how this can be done.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aravind

Answers (0)