cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which function? Agg level to Agg level

cote_adams
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to be able to allow an Admin to plan Key Figures per Cost Center. Each Cost Center and Fiscal Period may have different key figures (planned hours).

I will then have a goal maintainer who will work with these planned hours at Employee Detail level. Using a MultiProvider to show employees and Actual Hours, I want to also show the planned hours as assigned to their cost center.

My question, how can I have these planned hours at Cost Center level be copied to every employee within the Cost Center? When creating the hours for cost center, it creates an entry in the Real-Time cube with "not assigned" employee.

example:

Cost Center 9999 Fiscal year/period 001/2007 - Admin sets Planned Goal to 15 hours for the entire cost center.

This creates an entry in the plan cube for 15 plan hours assigned to "not assigned" employee.

Then Goal Maintainer comes in viewing data through MultiProvider that contains employees actual hours. If this person is allowed to alter employee 11111 and 11112 in cost center 9999, I want both of these employees to show the assigned 15 hours for 001/2007.

What function would I use for this, and how do I set it up? I've tried many alternatives, but keep getting different errors.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Cote,

I think you can use the planning function of type 'copy'. I your case 'Employee' is a characteristic to be changed, source is '#'. The target can be '*', i.e. everything. I addition you have to use a characteristic relationship for 'Employee' and 'Cost Center', maybe you have 'Cost Center' already as an attribute of 'Employee', then use a relation of type master data attribute. A hierarchy or data store may can be also be used.

You execute the copy planning function e.g. for one cost center in period 001/2007. '#' is used in 'from' selection in the copy function 'to' is 'everything, except #'. The copy planning function creates all admissible combinations of the cost center in the filter and the assigned employees (using the characteristic relationships). Whether it makes sense to delete the planned hours for the '#' employee with another planning function depends on your planning scenario.

Regards,

Gregor

cote_adams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

You're answer was a LOT of help, but I'm still having a few issues.

I ended up not using the characteristic relationship because the MD Attribute Cost Center is not always going to be the same as the cost center they are billing. I created a filter as I would in the query to filter Fiscal Year, FY Variant, Cost Center/Controlling area, as well as the doc/proj types to make sure we are only copying to employees with Client Chargeable hours.

My copy function is working Great if I am to copy from employee # to a single personnel number within this cost center.

I am unable to use * as the employee 'to' value (states * is an invalid character). I attempted to keep the 'to' value blank, as well as use the 'to' value "not" # (using less than/greater than character for not =, not allowing me to input this character in the forum) but this would fail stating invalid combination.

Any insight?

Edited by: Cote Adams on Oct 1, 2008 8:31 PM

Edited by: Cote Adams on Oct 1, 2008 8:32 PM

Edited by: Cote Adams on Oct 1, 2008 8:32 PM