cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Quantity of Routing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

We are facing pb in utilization of capicity at workcenters. Plz confirm about the Base quantity exist in line detial of Routing.

Is it of Operation base qty or Work center base qty in 8 hrs. We have 5 individual capicities attached with 1 workcenters.

Individual Capicity of 1 Machine is 10,000

Total Capicity of 5 Machine is 50,000

What qty should be required in base quantity of routing 10,000 or 50,000. Plz confirm.

Regards,

RM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear !

You should enter like this :

Base Quantity : 50.000

Machine Activity : 40 Hours.

Spliting : 5

Then run and see how.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned, the capacity of one machine is 10,000 nos. Maintain routing base qty = 10,000 nos for the Machine time = 8 hrs. Maintain No. of individual capacities=5 in work center capacity header details and splitting=5 in routing operation details. With splitting, if the production order qty = 50,000, all the 5 individual capacity is splitted equally with 10,000nos for 8 hrs and the capacity is utilized at its maximum.

Hope this helps for your requirement.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained spilliting in routing. But still it is doing same. System is still not utilizing the total available capacity & scheduling on the basis of 8hrs or 1 machine only. But it should be calculated on the basis of 5 machine & 40hrs.

For example:

For 100,000 qty order the schedule date should be 20.09.08 & 21.09.08. 50,000 today & 50,000 tomorrow.

But it is not doing this.

Can you know why?

Regards,

RM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashid,

SAP PP cap consumption assumes that you want to run each production order through 1 machine per order. You have a business model where you want to allow your production order to be split and run on multiple machines.

In the detail of the capacity consuming operation in your routing, check the 'required splitting' box. This will force SAP to split the order and consume capacity of all machines.

Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 5 no. of individual capicities are assigned with Workcenter A. & I have also maintained 5 in spiliting box.

But still its doing same.

Is there any othere issue?

Regards,

RM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check up the Processing formula used in the Scheduling tab of Work center (Use SAP002 = Machine * Oprn qty / Base qty / No. of splits)

This will help for your requirement.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashid

I have then same problem.

Did you already solve it?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Pravin, I have maintained 10,000 qty is operation 10. But we have 5 individual capicities with same workcenter. When we create production order the scheduling dates are only utilizing 1 individual capacity. Why not all 5. While when i check the utilization & available capicity in CM01 it shows available capicity correct on the basis of 5 individual capicities but req capicity is not correct.

What should i do.?

Regards,

RM

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the routing u mention the base quanity to show, the time requied for that perticular operation.

and in the work center, with formula it will find out the time.

there is no need to have Routing base quantity and work center quanity should be same.

in that opeartion u can mantian whatever u wish, just make sure when u mentioned 10k or 50 k add the correct corresponding activity times.

Pravin M.