cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a doubt about billing documents F1 and F2.

I came to know that when we use F1 automatic rerun of pricing is possible at billing level.Is it not possible with F2?pls , let me know the major deifference between F1 and F2.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya

F1 is Order related billing type and F2 is delivery related billing type. You can use F1 billing type where no physical movement of goods involved. Wherever movement types involved, you have to use F2 billing type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

May I know any is there any technical difference between F1 and F2.

I check in T code VOFA, there is no difference B.W F1 & F2

Thanks

Shiva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The major difference between the billing types F1 and F2 is:

F1 is order realed billing, the billing document will be generated from the sales order. The common exaple for the same is the generation of Credit memo, the credit memo normally generated from a credit memo request.

F2 is delivery related billing, the billing document will be generated with reference to the delivery. In normal order -delivery - billing process, we commonly use F2 as the invoice type.

As the earliere replys explained, the pricing redtermination in billing document depends upon the copying control between the document types.

In the case of F1, the copying control setup will be between Order type and Billing type, checkthe pricing type field.

Similarly, in the case of F2, the copying control setup will be between Delivery type and Billing type, check the pricing type field.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

F1 is order related billing. There willnot be any delivery in the process. This is usually created for services.

F2 is delivery related billing. There is delivery & F2 is triggered only after PGI unless otherwise specified.

Coming to the re-pricing is concerned, you can chooose to do re-pricing even for F2 billing. That is controlled in VTFA copy control from OR to F2. At item level in VTFA, there is a field called Pricing type. If you select option B there, system will do the repricing in F2 as well. If you click F4 in the field, it will give you all the possible options. Choose the onewhich suits your business requirement.

Regards,

Sivanand

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The major difference between the two document type is F1 billing document is created with reference to sales order where is F2 is created with reference to delivery document.

The update of pricing depends on how you define the copy control settings in transaction code VTFL.

Regards,