cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have XI Developer, do I need Enterprise or CR XI Server to run Classic .asp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've upgraded from CR 8.5 to CR XI with a new Windows Server and new SQL Server. Do I need to purchase CR Server or BO Enterprise to make Classic ASP applications that open .RPT files created under the old version?

I can't get the .RPT files to open. Seems like the ActiveXViewer isn't loading, but it may be something else.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

How are you trying to open the rpt files? Via "unmanaged reporting", i.e., referencing the rpt file in the URL?

That's no longer supported, but there are alternatives.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, using standard .asp.

window.open("BOM/Diemaker.RPT?User0=sa&Password0=password&prompt0="&form1.jobnumber.value)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That specific functionality is no longer supported.

Here's the options:

1. Create an ASP application using the Report Designer Component SDK to retrieve the rpt file and display. You have the RDC as long as you have XI Developer edition. One caveat is that the RDC is deprecated with XI Release 2, and is no longer available with Crystal Reports 2008, the newest version.

2. Create an ASP.NET application using the Crystal Reports .NET SDK to retrieve the rpt file and display. You have CR.NET with the Developer edition.

3. Crystal Reports Server or BusinessObjects Enterprise supports "managed URL reporting", where you'd publish the rpt to be managed by the Enterprise system. Then you can refer to the report using a URL.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (0)