Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically creating sales order

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam a sd functional. i want to map a scenario where a customer has to send his Purchase order to our sap system electronically and that should trigger a sales order in our sap system. our custome is not on sap. i need to giude my techinal collegaues too.

whar steps we need to follow techincally and functionally to set up the process. i mean i need to know the means by which the communciation will take place between our customer system and our sap system. whether any inetrface required, mapping required, how the customer PO travles to our system etc etc.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

I think you already have thread with answers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This feature can be addressed by EDI IDOCS.

External system sends an IDOC into SAP. This IDOC is processed by the IDOC processing prog. the prog calls an RFC(remote Function Call) by which the VA01 is called. This will post the information into the application doc (sales order) through BDC.

For this you need to configure partner profile for the external system in WE20. Create a new message type (IDOC type) in WE30 defining the required segments & data mappings. Assign the message types to the partners in WE20. Also maintain the other details in the WE20 like processing codes, receiver ports, communication methods etc. You also need to specify the inbound parameters (like inbound UNIX file) for the message type.

You can also combine IDOC with workflow. Contact your ABAP resource for further details on workflow.

Regards,

Sivanand