cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius files don't open anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My project is about setting up Business Objects and designing Dashboards with Xcelsius for Management Reportings.

Now, I worked three days on a dashboard until yesterday, when Xcelsius crashed down. After that, I restarted it. Xcelsius and the excel instance started normal, but on the way of "loading the components", it stucks and doesn't continue anymore, doesn't matter how long I waitu2026

I'm running Xcelsius 2008.

Can you please help me as quickly as possible? I need to set up the dashboards for the monthly management meetings, which is not possible at the moment. I started with a new file this morning and I've had the same problem some minutes ago again. I can't open the file anymore. Are there any possibilities to rescue these files and to continue to work on them?

Thank you very much for your quick help.

Regards

Tolga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

did you try to open the XLF files on a second computer? If the files only don't open on your computer, you should consider

to reinstall xcelsius.

Kind Regards

Ulrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich

Thank you for your answer. I haven't tried the files on other machines yet.. I will do so.

I have installed the service pack 1 for xcelsius 2008, but it hasn't changed anything.

I will reinstall the software tomorrow again.

If you have any other idea, which could help me, don't hesitate to write me..

thank you again for your help.. Otherwise i will write tomorrow again.

regards

tolga

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i know that the xcelsius 2008 is too slow and it needs a good hardware resources to be able to work with it,

if the file not corrupted, then you should give it sometime to load.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amr

can i see somehow IF the file is corrupted? because it starts to load until the message (on the dialogwindow): "components are loading" .. and then it stucks..

i waited now more than half an hour... still no step further..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

are you using SP1? How big is your file?

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret

First, i used it without SP1. There's where it crashed. Then i couldn't open it anymore. After that, i installed SP1 and still the same problem.

My file is 92 KB.

I gave the file to another friend to try to open it, and he couldn't open it either.

I am a little bit confused. Because i've spent days for developing a dashboard, which i can't open anymore. then i tried it again, began a new file and have now the same problem again.

And since Friday i don't try it anymore, cause i'm fearing that it happens again.

Do you know, what's the reason of this or any other idea how i could rescue the files?

thank you very very much for your help.

tolga

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi tolga, i think you face a serious problem there with this file,

if you dont have any business restrictions, could you send this file to me?

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr

It's the second file with this problem. Unfortunately, i can't send you the file cause of confidental data. but I try to reproduce the error with other data and send you this file then. ok?

thank you very much in advance for your efforts..

tolga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

we had a bug with similar symptoms in the RTM version, it was happening when tthe user first created bindings and then either deleted or renamed the excel sheet with bound data or imported an excel model with different sheet names. It has been fixed in SP1, so it should not be a problem any more.

If you can send me anything so that I could reproduce your problem, I will be glad to look at it.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

yyyyyyiiiiiipppppiiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

I reinstalled Xcelsius again now with SP1 and now.... IT WORKS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your help!!!

greetings from switzerland..

tolga

Answers (0)