cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Maintenance Only Possible for Logon in the Role's original lang.DE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Gurus,

We see this error message while trying to change some text in a role , but here is the message that comes up:

"Text Maintenance Only Possible for Logon in the Role's original lang.DE

Message no. S#606."

We are the latest support pack that encompasses that note that you would find out there which is 854311. This not is not applicable because we are at the latest support pack.

Any leads/suggestions?

Thanks,

Allan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

someone originally created the PFCG role and added a description while being logged on to the SAP system with language German.

You will only be able to change the role's description text after you logged on to the SAP system in language German again.

Cheers - hope that helps

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

we receive the same message when trying to update the description text of the Role, and we log-off and log-on again in DE, then in PFCG we change and save the text, however when we return to EN or ES logon lenguage we receive the message again and the text that appears is the originally one created with the role and not the last changed.

So, do you have any idea how we could get the last text or how we could make the update in ES?

Thanks in advance any way.

a big sorry if is not the right way to ask, I'm trying to get more over the same scenario and is my first time using this thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the response I got from the following and his response worked. Please give it a go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander, it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen, thanks,

actually I did it, I got into german, changed the name (Role description) and saved, but only works as you logon in DE because when I log on in spanish or english the name is not updated still.

thanks again, if you have another idea that could work it will be well received

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I had the same issue, by applying the note 854311 it works very well.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Kamel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

You may try Note:1093880 - PFCG: Creating a role with the incorrect original language

OSS Note Symptom:

In transaction PFGC, you start maintaining a role whose original language does not correspond to your logon language. When you call the change mode, the system displays error message S# 606 to inform you that the text maintenance is possible only in the original language.

You then return to the initial screen of PFCG and create a new role. As the original language of the new role, however, the system uses the original language of the role that was previously processed instead of using the logon language. Due to this error, the system displays error message S# 606 again.

Thanks & Regads,

Rajagopal

Chennai - INDIA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Allen, Alex and Mohamed, the z program in the note worked! thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

OSS Note 854311 is supposed to solve the issue of Text Maintenance in Roles after Upgrade. Even though the Note is for lower versions of SAP and SP levels, The correction instructions mention creation of a Z report with the provided code and running it as described in the OSS note. Many a times the OSS note mentions that it is applicable for lower versions but if any manual instructions being present they would most of times help resolve the issue.

We too faced similar issue and were able to remediate using the report created using the said correction instructions. Please let me know incase you still face the issue.