Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically creating sales order

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam a sd functional. i want to map a scenario where a customer has to send his Purchase order to our sap system electronically and that should trigger a sales order in our sap system. our custome is not on sap. i need to giude my techinal collegaues too.

whar steps we need to follow techincally and functionally to set up the process. i mean i need to know the means by which the communciation will take place between our customer system and our sap system. whether any inetrface required, mapping to be done etc etc.what are the various methods by

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use EDI 850 for creating sales order and 860 for changing the orderers.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

We have implemented similar functionality between Oracle system and SAP. Basically, Oracle creates a PO in their system and they create a flat file of EDI format 850 document. Then that file get's FTP'd to one of our XI server. In the XI server, they call a RFC call for creating SAP Order. Once the order get's saved, we create a output via Output determination procedure to send out order Ack.

Let me know if you need any thing in details. I might be able to provide you some FS document.

Thanks,

Dipankar Biswas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to set a scenario that use SAP IDOCs.

MAIN STEPS:

- For the customers that will send you the "Purchase Order" to create into SAP an Sales order:

- Create by transaction WE20 the EDI partner profile type KU.

In there you have to set up the "Inbound parmtrs". Add a new inbound message type "ORDERS" and operation code "ORDE".

So that step enable the customers sales orders creation when receiving IDOCS.

The integration:

The customer have to send you a plain text file with data in order to creat the IDOC into SAP system.

By transaction WE60 you can check the fields you have to map. Depending of your SAP system version pick the correct ORDERSXX version (ORDERS01 to ORDERS05).

Probably is there some technical issues you have to check to make that scenario. Like how the file will be sent from customer to SAP, if there is any approval procedure for sales order creation using workflow, third party systems...

It is possible to create those orders from email received too.

Keep in mind you have to set a process to manage the IDOCs problems. Problems of comunication error data error...

+++++

Here some useful Transactions:

NACE - Message control

WEDI - Menu EDI

WE21 - Port Destinations

We20 - Partner Profile

WE02 - IDOC view

WE05 - IDOC List

IDOC Changes:

- WE31 - Crete segment;

- WE30 - Create IDOC Type;

- WE81 - Create Message type;

- WE82 - Asign IDOC type to mesage type;

- WE19 - IDOC test/simulation;

RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS - IDOC status change;

BD87 - Reprocess IDOCs;

+++++

I think it is an overview of how to do that.

I hope it can help you.

Best regards,

demas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonu,

EDI will be the best option if this to be used by various customers.

If customers are using a front end web application then BAPI can also be used.

Or SAP online store can be used aslo.

Mapping will be required in both of the cases.

You will need to discuss with tech team and client to see what interfaces they are currently using if any. It is a project in itself and there are no quick guide lines.

You can read up more on the above options in help.sap.com

Good luck

Vivek