cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Alerts on adding sales quotation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we want to create an alert when adding a sales quotation.

Overview:

Someone in a company adds an sales quotation. We have to send automatically an alert to the sales employee in the document.

We worked on the transaction notification. Now it adds data into OALR and OAIB Tables, but there is no alert sent.

Do you know a possibility to automatically send alerts when adding documents?

Or which steps business one makes when sending an alert?

Best Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You can do it in pure alert module with less frequency say every 1 hour. A user query can bring up that alert.

If you want the newly added Sales Quote alert immediately, then only SDK may help.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first thank you for your answers. I think we will try it by Jimmys way. It seems to be the best way.

To Suda, thank you for your warning. We tried it only in a test environment, just for testing.

We know that this way may cause problems.

Thank you and best regards,

Michael

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

My first question would be what does this mean

<Font Color=RED> We worked on the transaction notification. Now it adds data into OALR and OAIB Tables,

</Font>

Are you trying to added entried to the Alert table using SQL. Please note this is a BIG NO NO. You are setting yourself up to loose Support....

Coming to the actual requirement....

I presume the Sales Person is also defined as a User in the SAP System? If it is not are these External Sales Persons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

I would also go with Jimmy Idea because it is easy to maintain and the function is provided to you out of the box by sap b1 .

You can use query something like

select Top 5 DocNum ... Where doc status =Open sort by Desc

What this will do is send the alert to user telling that new document is created .However if you want to alert each user based on different requirement ,you might have to use multiple query alert query.

Hope this help

Bishal

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid that it will not work if you did not create the sales employee as user. The alert management is a feature to activate the alert that sent to user but not sales employee. So, I suggest to create user code for the sales employee and then under module administration --> alert management --> press Ctrl+A --> create the alert name --> click open save query button to display query manager --> select and click the query --> select the user code in the To column where the user code is the sales employee by tick the tick box column --> click add button if finish. You could define the frequency of the alert and save history tick box checked or not checked.

Rgds,