cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send XML message to XI automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a process that need to send the same message to the XML XI from time to time. What is the best way to implement this process.

As solution I was created an abap proxy for the interface and an abap program that call the proxy and I scheduled a JOB that run this program in a period of the 1 in 1 hour.

Is there another solution for this case?

tks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

th

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In XI/PI we can generate XML format very easily, depending on requirement choose FILE/HTTP adapter to generate XML file easily. For sender point of view if it is R3 choose IDOC/RFC. But as per my knowledge proxy is very fast in execution compare with remaining channels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whay are you asking? "Is there another solution for this case?"

Dont you like your solution? Have you got any problem with your proxy?

I think is the best way to do what you want. Otherwise, you should use RFC or IDOC...

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not having problems with my solution. But I wonder if there is a more elegant way without use of JOB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is clear: Schedule a task from time to time. You can do it manually or automaticlly. As fas as I know, the only way to do thar in SAP is by means of a job.

Carlos

Edited by: Carlos Gonzalez on Sep 19, 2008 4:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way to do this would be set up a sender file communication channel with mode processing "Test" and configure the sender agreement for this.

what you think about this solution? is better than the JOB that runs the program ABAP to call abap proxy?

[]s

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elton,

as you have said yourself, this file sender scenario is a test scenario.

For productive uses, the job is the correct and more elegant way to do it. Jobs are exactly the proper way in SAP application platform to realize periodic tasks from time to time.

Regards,

Henrique.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your XML is Independent and always the same.. simplest way of doing it is File adapter as per me.. unless the xml that you want to send is read from a table.. which might change over time

VJ