cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching R/3 source systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN gurus,

We have a scenario where we sould like to change a test R/3 source system in our BI7 box. Currently there are lots of flows from QA1 (old style datasources/transfer rules etc), if a new R/3 system QA2 is created and connected, is there a way to convert the transfer rules/InfoPackages etc to pick up the new system. I'm trying to avoid retransporting all the objects from dev again with a new system mapping from/to value as there are projects currently starting in dev which complicates things.

Is there a program or function module that can help ?

Cheers,

Rob.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

If you go into the transport connection, under "Grouping" you have an option called "Save for System Copy". This option allows you to move all of your datasources/assignments/transfer rules from one system to another just like when you transport from Dev to QA.

You need to build this transport out with all of the datasources you are using. Then release the transport. After you create the new source system, you need to map your original source system to the new source system (RSA1=>tools=>Mapping of the Source System Names).

Then you can import (apply the transport to your dev system and your datasources/transfer rules/assignments will be copied over.

I would test this out before deleting my original source system.

Brian

Private_Member_101989
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You only have to change the DataSource, i.e., assign the datasource from the new R/3 Source System, all the rest will be maintained.

Regards,

Jorge Diogo