cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird

Former Member
0 Kudos

My VB6 application uses CR XI. It can send PDF attachments via MAPI compliant email systems. My client uses Thunderbird, a Mozilla email system, which is IMAP V4 and POP3 compliant. Is there a way to configure the host Windows system so my application will work with Thunderbird? I am familiar with the ".DestinationType = crEDTEMailMAPI" and ".DestinationType = crEDTEMailVIM" methods.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I don't believe we would support IMAP. It does not show up when exporting from Crystal Report Designer which means we have no dll's to use the IMAP service, just MAPI and Exchange Folder.

Remember "if you can not do it in Crystal Report Designer you can't do it in code" We use the same components in the designer so if it can't be done there then code won't have the ability either.

I've searched the internal forums also and no mention of IMAP support.

I'll post your question to the Program Managers forums and see if there any plans to support it in Crystal. This will not be supported in current versions and would be added to future version only.

Also, you should upgrade to XI R2 for [free|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp#CRXIR2].

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)