cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoke project in timesheet

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

how we can invoke project and task in timehseet?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello monica,

Please check the assignment of cost center with the controlling area in KS01 and then cost center to activity type in KP26.

If you want the activity type in project you need to assign the activity type in Work center which u r going to use in activities.

regards,

sudhir

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi..thanks for help..plz one more help....now its giving error :Missing formula in work center 00011...wht i have suppose to do...

Edited by: monica bhosale on Sep 30, 2008 8:38 AM

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi sudhir...plz can you do one more help..now i am able 2 c created newwork and activity but in cat2 transaction its did not display project name in project filed...plz could you have help to resolve this prob...thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monica,

You need to do assignment of Cost center and activity type in KP26 for the fiscal year you wanted. This can resolve your query.

regards,

sudhir

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.Sudhir,thanks a lot but still i am not getting activity type in project as well as in time....i have done evrything what to told me....still its giving same error like activity type,controlling area and cost center is not linked...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monica,

Goto KS01 and extend the validity period of the cost center.

Regards,

sudhir

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhir,its working but when i tried to confirm activity its throuwing error like No activity types assigned to cost center , controlling area on 25.09.2008..could you please help to resolve this prob...thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Monica,

In data entry profile in default values remove activity type and also in work center of the activity remove activity type to avoid the entry of activity type in Cats. However if you want the actual cost to come on the project after the confirmation u have to maintain the activity type.

regards,

Sudhir

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks sudhir,do you have any idea where we maintain validity perod of cost center..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello monica,

In order to call the task automatically in CAT2 you have to first carry out the workforce planning.

There are two routs to that

First u have to assign project team in Project then go to CMP2 and assign those persons to the desired activities. After that when you go to CAT2 and enter the person you have attached to the activity u will automatically find the task along with the default values (such as controlling area, activity type,cost center etc.) as per the configuration setting done in data entry profile.

The other route is that you assign persons to the work center which u have used in the activity. Then go to cmp3. Assign the desired person to the activity. After that when you go to CAT2 and enter the person you have attached to the activity u will automatically find the task along with the default values (such as controlling area, activity type,cost center etc.) as per the configuration setting done in data entry profile.

Hope this will solve your query.

Regards,

Sudhir

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sidhur,i did everthing but still facin same problem..is activity type is mendory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ensure you've set the indicators in the data entry profile-HR:

1. With Worklist

2. From resourse planning

Else create a Pool of confirmation and enter this in the data entry profile.

This should bring you the list of project objects.

Regards

Sreenivas

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks shrinivas..when i press F5 its giving message like Message no. GM035(Cost center COST123 is not supported in all periods)..please let me know what i have suppose to do..

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,,,can anybody give me transaction code for the pool of confirmation...........thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

CATS_APPR_LITE for approval

CAT5 for confirmation

Regards

Renjith

Note: Award points if helpful