cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error in File-XI-JDBC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working currently on File-XI-JDBC scenario and is facing with a stange problem.

I have writtern one simple query which is downloading the data from R/3 and is sending to XI Server local folder. From that folder File is getting picked by XI and is posted into SQL database.

Now, when I am generating the required file from R/3-DEV server then my scenario is getting executed successfully but if file is generated thru R/3-QAS Server then the scenario is giving the following error "Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'MARA_UPDATE' (structure 'Statement'): java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Error converting data type nvarchar to smalldatetime."

Also, if I am copying the complete data from the error file and paste it into a new file and executing again then the scenario is executing correctly.

I have checked the payload and didn't find anything there.

Kindly help me in solving this error.

Regards,

N.J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'MARA_UPDATE' (structure 'Statement'): java.sql.SQLException: MicrosoftSQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBCSQLServerError converting data type nvarchar to smalldatetime."

The problem is arising when XI is trying to insert_update information in table MARA_UPDATE and this problem is not is related to the format of message that is finally going to database.

>>converting data type nvarchar to smalldatetime

check for this in your payload or mapping...if mapping is running does not mean JDBC insert this information successfully. It is very much dependent on the format of few database fields also. Check for all date fields in transformation logic. and check that format is acceptable in data base or not.

Also read this : [DATE/TIME datatypes and Oracle Database|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2002] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks

farooq

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Sep 19, 2008 7:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Thanx for your reply. But this scenario is running when we are sending the file from R/3-DEV Server and also if I am copying all the contents of the error file and pasting it into a new file and then processing the file then the scenario is getting executed and I am getting no error with the same data which I have processed earlier and has thrown error.

Reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Error converting data type nvarchar to smalldatetime

I think it should be >>Error converting data type varchar to smalldatetime.

So just have a look on this Error, take help from Google engine or SQL forums...I am sure the problem is arising during insertion in SQL database due to some invalid data.

Thanks

Farooq.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u provide me the Full scenario (JDBC to FILE / File to JDBC) aong with the Prerequisite, that is with Querry Language (where we will write that query and wat are all the Connections related t JDBC required)?

Regards

KArthi SP

karthispatyahoo.co.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for ur reply. Database was not accepting any special characters so it was throwing error.