cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting to multiple Cost Centres - SBO 2005 A SP01 PL 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to make multiple cost centre postings in 1 Invoice? On our current system it seems like the the system defaults all postings to the first cost centre selected.

Tx.

Lebo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have multiple rows in 1 invoice, you could activate the project code column in the sales invoice row line like suggested by Peter.

it is possible to do that, but the journal entry created after the invoice added will not have the project code in all lines, the project code are only populated to the P&L accounts

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If for eg in the invoice i have selected multiple profit centres, why would the system select 1 particular profit center against the lines on the Journal Entries.

Also the P&L accounts you mentioned, how can I double check that the correct profit centres are selected.

Regards,

Lebo

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I am not sure about your question. I have tested to create 1 invoice that have multiple rows which it means that there have more than one items and if all of items have different profit center, then in the journal entry it will be different one another. The account codes that will have profit center code are COGS account and sales revenue.

Both accounts are P&L accounts.

To find out the correct profit center code, you must open the journal entry created after the document added. In the journal entry row line, you will see them. The column name is distribution rule. Just open the form setting and display it by tick active column.

Rgds,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lebo,

When you run your P&L Report, on the main window where you select the parameters you will see the Expanded button.

Click the Expanded button and you will see the Project and Profit Center check box and the From and To Range field.

Check the Profit Center check box and select your Profit Center..Press Ok and Run the P&L Report.

For the Distribution rule to take effect for each line on the document you need to select the Profit Center at the row level. As explained in the previous post..please enable the Profit Center column from the Table format tab of the Form Settings window and enter your profit centers here.

Regards

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i need show the amount that divided by profit center in P&L report, but after i execute it, form setting button disable,

how to show the profit center amount in P&L Report ?

thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

On the document, click on form settings and select Table Format. Then find profit centre in the list and tick. The column will now be available per line to select th distribution rule.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lebo

Are you setting the distribution rule on the rows or only on the header?

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The distribution rules are set to post a 100% i.e JHB profit center will post a 100% to JHB profit centre so no partial postings. However I cannot find the field or option to say whether this distribution takes place in the header or the lines.

I suppose my question is then how can I set the distribution rules per line? Currently the header Profit center is taking precedence.

Regards,

Lebo