cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEX :Selection screen missing when executing a query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I am executing a query through BEX Analyzer,I am not getting the Selection Screen Popup.Instead ,the report is directly being generated.So,this is giving rise to various problems.But when the user is executing through portal,he is getting the selection screen.

I am not getting this Selection screen popup in all the DEv,Quality,PreProd and Production systems.And hence ,i am not able to give the selections for a report

Can anyone please provide a solution for this?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't have any required variables, the variables screen will be bypassed. In your query, make at least one of the variables required, and the variables screen should come up when you open it in the BEx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when executing throught the portal, does the template have just one query included or are there any other queries also?

What version of SAP GUI are you on?

if there is only one query in your template then the problem is with the GUI patch I think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our GUI version is 710 and 640 is recommended by the client.Hence, no problem with that.The user is able to execute more than one query.

Do u think it is a basis or security related issue.Or is it due to Application of some GUI Patches.

Thanks,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check to see in the query definition if variables exist for that query at all.

Because I am suspecting that the variables in portal are coming for another query.

If this is not the case then it is a SAP GUI patch issue.