cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change one BW object , which is locked by another request. When I try to change it , it shows the message , to create a new sub task for existing request for that user.

Now if I want to do my changes , is there anyway I can create my own request , without having creating the subtask for the previous user request?

So that I can send my changes independently.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello jeetu,

you cannot make changes unless u have a request.

to create your own request go to se09-> create new request--> enter description. add user id if you want some one to share this request-> save request.

Hope it helps you,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

nice answers but consider the fact that we are in BW/BI. In my BI Environment Queries, DTPs and so on are per default stored on a kind of master transport. To transport them, we release the locks by using the Transport Organizer Tools.(TA: SE01 Menu "GOTO->Transport Organizer Tools" On the left hand side you will find a folder "Requests/Tasks" and "Unlock Objects (Expert Tool)".)

Using this tool on the "master transport request" (you need the transport ID) you can unlock your objects there and create a new transport in RSA1 by collecting the objects you need.

Before doing this, ask your local BI Guru if this is indeed the way the deed is done in your BI environment.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a object is present in any of the request, you can not assign to other request. Any object can be present in only a single request at a time.

In you case, either you can save your changes in the same old request or just delete the object from old request and then save it in your new request.

Both options will work.

Regards,

Yogesh

anthony_debyser2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can only create a new request if the other request has been released...