cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantage and Disadvantage of XI integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know on wat basis we can validate the advantage and disadvantage of the XI integrations, i was asked to come out with this difference.

And the next main thing i want to get clarified is should we use the BPM if we need to trigger the mail or no need to use the bpm... i have no idea on BPM.

thanks

Karthikeyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mail without BPM :You can triger mail without BPM.

use

Advantage of XI : 1If compare XI with Tibco middleware, then first adavantage is all things in sigle place which means

in tibco you need diffrent s/w for monitoring and configuration.

even u need to purchase adapter specific adapter....it's not with config s/w.

2 Lot of new enhancement doing by SAP ...PI 7.0

now PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I need to know on wat basis we can validate the advantage and disadvantage of the XI integrations, i was asked to come out with this difference.

Why do we need XI

1. right now you are using point to pont connection which is not the best way.

2. XI is a middleware tool (you can send message to many apdaters:

SOAP, mail, file/ftp ) by XML messages .

3. Error handling and Sloving the error easrier.

4.Integrate with SAP and Non SAP applications..........

5.XI has it's own Monitoring to track the incoming and outgoing messages

6.Synchronous and Asynchronous communication

7. Reusable components

8.Reducing cost of development work in future

9.End to End montoring the messages in SAP XI is great

10.Maintance is easeir .

11.The biggest Advantage of XI is that it supports web services.

12.It has the feature of business process management(BPM) which enables us to impliment tough

business logic.

>>And the next main thing i want to get clarified is should we use the BPM if we need to trigger the mail or no need to use the bpm... i have no idea on BPM.

It depends on your Requirement. If you just want to trigger a mail means no need of BPM

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesha,

Thank fro ur reply...

I need to know how on wat basis we can show our scenario is advantage and on wat is disadvantage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can say how the Adv of using XI Once if you can show ur clients Past Business before using XI and now a days business after implemented XI.

If you did this means you will feel the Advantage really.

Advantages are the one which i mentioned earlier

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI/PI point of view advantages is more and have less disadvantages. Why because it can communicate with any system through adapters/proxies/web services. Depending on functionality we can choose & configure scenario accordingly in XI.

Scenario point of view depending on requirement we can choose sender & receiver adapters, we can't say this is disadvantage, if have any disadvantage we can change scenario source and target adapters.

But i can say one thing either advantage or disadvantage we can sort out using XI/PI no need external flat forms.

Most of the cases we can show advantages in maintenance & cost view. Why because remaining software maintenance is very high compare with XI/PI implementation.

I hope now clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan and Sesha,

Now its clear i can get it guyz