cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong data / not data shown on preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've built a simple report using Xcelsius 2008 (SP1).

For some reason as soon as I either preview my report or export it to PowerPoint, most of my result-fields (the ones taking input from an Excel formula) don't show any value at all. One of the fields even display a completely wrong value.

I've tried to rebuild the whole Excel spreadsheet and the Xcelsius report from scratch but that didn't seem to help at all. I even tried to unistall and reinstall Xcelsius. Would anyone have suggestions for how to get around this?

Thanks,

Jaakko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So obviously the issue isn't with the file or the application itself as others were able to view the preview just fine, but rather the problem (possibly) lies in my installation of Xcelsius. I've now tried to unistall both Flash and Xcelsius using 'Add or Remove Programs' on Controll panel and then even deleted all related items from the Windows registry (regedit) before reinstalling first Adobe Flash and then after Xcelsius 2008 SP1. That didn't help at all and the same problems keep troubling me. I'm running Xcelsius 2008 on XP SP2. Is there anything at all anyone could suggest me to try?

thanks,

Jaakko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaakko, Zachary,

if you can send your files to my address I can try to help.

What are the formulas you are using?

I have never heard that just a number would not show up in preview - probably there is some other problem in the model. Is the model very big?

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for your promt reply. I've now sent you the file by email. The excel I'm using isn't massive and even though some of the formulas are quite long, they only use basic functions like SUM and IF. And as I said, the calculations work just fine when I'm in the Xcelsius build-screen but stop working as soon as it's exported (or previewed).

thanks,

Jaakko

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add my complaint to this - which is identical in nature. I have gone through and read many of the previous entries related to this and they seem to revolve around a problem with formulas in the Excel document. However, the data that is not showing up in my previews is not calculated data - its just a straight number/value.

I'd also like to add that I think it is inappropriate to have only this forum as a place where technical service can be performed. Email, phone or some other avenue which can provide immediate response is absolutely necessary. I am going to miss a huge deadline because Xcelsius is glitching.

Thanks.