cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconcile Inventory BI Content Queries with ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a question regarding reconciling Inventory Management BI Content reports based on cube 0IC_C03 with ECC.

We implemented IM in BI, and now try to reconcile the queries with ECC. Specifically, I have one query, 0IC_C03_Q0008 - Stock in Transit.

We ran the report by Plant, in BI, it only showed one material with #, but people from ECC side use T-Code MB5T in ECC and saw many materials with Stock in Transit for that Plant; and for the material showed on BI report, the # doesn't match between BI and ECC.

What is the right way to reconcile the report with ECC? is there any other report/Tcode in ECC we can use?

Any insight ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Freda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freda,

For me, it is the typical nightmare to try to reconcile the cube to your ECC transactions since the cube summarizes and doesn't include your material documents.

So, to make it a bit easier to match MB5T or MB51, add an ODS with a material document and Material item key and all of the fields and key figures necessary for reconciliation (I usually look at the datasource's delivered fields and add whatever sounds reasonable to look at). To fill records in this ODS, only fill them from 2LIS_03_BF, because BX and UM do not contain material documents.

While I was writting this, I think I realize what is happening in your situation. If memory serves me correctly, MB5T is Cross-Company SIT, which is not part of the 2LIS_03* datasources. They only account for Intra-Company (Plant-to-Plant within the same company code) SIT. For that, there is a White Paper you can have an ABAP'er implement for you.

Here are two good documents you should read and be familiar with:

How to .... Report on Cross Company Stock in Transit: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92c0aa90-0201-0010-17b1-bf5b11c7...

How to .... Handle Inventory Management Scenarios in BW: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f83be790-0201-0010-4fb0-98bd7c01...

Also, when comparing my cube data to ECC/R/3, I use transaction MMBE in the ECC to identify stock quantities and stock in transit (SIT).

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian! it is very helpful!