cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal as a batch job: exception 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I get Windows exception 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) when exporting a report with Crystal running as a batch job.

Doing the same in interactive mode is ok.

Any idea? Does Crystal support batch mode?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

[Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]

Step 2 Asking Your Question

- Provide Enough Information

We're not all using the same SDK or process you are. How are you batching?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ted,

Crystal is called from a Uniface application via COM call-out.

The Uniface process (Uniface server) is started as a batch job by a Windows service (Uniface router).

Thanks

David

ted_ueda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So do you know how Uniface is invoking the Crystal COM, and which SDK is being invoked?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is difficult to know exactly what and how Uniface does.

The exception happens when invoking the Export() method of the report object.

The complete message is:

ICCDRV-COM-ERR Error with ICC system occurred, Windows exception 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) occurred in external COM method "Export"

An error occured while exporting the report to PDF

Then I get an empty .pdf file.

What do you mean by SDK? I would say it is the COM SDK...

Thanks,

David

ted_ueda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are multiple ways to access Crystal via COM - since you're invoking it via third party, it'll be helpful to know which is being used.

I'm going to assume the Report Designer Component SDK - it can handle multiple reports, within the context of a single threaded apartment (STA) model.

Even with this info, unless you know exactly how Uniface is invoking the SDK, it's not clear why this is happening.

Have you asked Uniface?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is using ProgID CrystalRuntime.Application.11

Is that relevant information?

Regards,

David

ted_ueda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely the RDC, and would require more info as to how the COM is being invoked in "batch".

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David, please note that Uniface is not on our supported platforms doc. And obviously, Uniface being a 4GL, we do not have it here to test with. I have worked with a few customers who were using Uniface, sometimes with success, sometimes not. For the most part, the best help they got was from Uniface user forums.

In this case, you'd want to start with trying to get the report to simply work once, never mind doing a batch job. So, are you able to run the report successfully just once?

If you get the same error, running just one report, we'll have to trace the memory address and I can help you there irrespective.

Also, I'd recommend downloading the latest Service pack for CR XI (assuming you are using CR XI release 1 (v 11.0.x), the latest SP is here;

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006008952008E/crXIwin_sp4.zip

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now an open service request at Compuware.

Unfortunately they have not been able to replicate the issue yet.

Running the report once (no batch job) works fine.

I am working with version 11.5.8.826.

I have also tried the Runtime Designer (v11.5.9.1265): same problem.

Answers (0)