cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMail ID field in transaction SU01and SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know what is relevance of "EMail ID field in transaction SU01" in sending/receiving mails.

(SCOT is configured for SMTP Mail exchange.)

Regards,

Nirav Shah.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it clear or you need more help on this.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you send mail from SAP, user recevies mail (if scot is configured)and he can see that mail came from Email ID updated in su01

if emailid is not updated Email will not be forwarded from SCOT

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samrat,

I have a doubt here regarding your explanation. I think if default domain is maintained in SCOT then specifying Email ID in SU01 can be skipped.

Please elaborate.

- Nirav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true.

If default domain name is defined then system consider mail address as <Username>@<defaultdomain.com>, if mail address is not mentioned in the su01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats true.

So again back to original question, what is relevance of "EMail ID field in transaction SU01" in sending/receiving mails.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier if You assign email address in su01 then system will consider it as your email id and used it while sending or receving the mail.

e.g if you want to send email to <xyz>@<abc.com> and you have mentioned email id in su01 as <pqr>@<ccc.com> then system will send the email to <xyz>@<abc.com> in which from address is <pqr>@<ccc.com>

But if you do not mentioned the <pqr>@<ccc.com> and you have defined default domain "comp.com" and your user name is "hello" then system send the email to <xyz>@<abc.com> in which from address is <hello>@<comp.com>

Please email address after removing <>, as it is restricted to write any email address in the forum.

I hope you got your answer