cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to transfer stock in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap Gurus,

how can we transfer stock in WM system from one storage type to another storage type.

plz provide standard txn code in SAP and valid movement type to be used with detail.

your inputs are really greateful.

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Transaction LT01 (LT10 if moving everything in a bin) movement type 999

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Also, there is a one transaction LT09 by using this transaction also we can move storage unit from one storage type to another storage tepe. Hope, it will help u guys in some extent.

Thanks,

Praveen

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Use LT22 to confirm the TOs as it was told you by rksap7284. Availibility means that the TO is confirmed.

You can set the cursor onto 'Stock for putaway' field in LX22 and push F1 - you will get explanation about availabilty of the stock.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 19, 2008 4:04 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 19, 2008 5:25 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gampa,

Your question embraces lots of things in WM...

Which storage types you are speaking about?

There are interim storage types, SU managed storage types, storage type for production.

I suspect you only want to move goods from one 'normal' storage bin to another. In this case try LT01 / LT10 with wm-mvt 999.

As for stock transfer to interim storage types, or from interim storage types you should use generally TRs. In this case check LB10 and process the TR, you will get the TO.

Please specify your question.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi csaba,

Thanks for your reply. I could able to transfer stock using txn LT01 with mov type 999 from Interiom storage type 998( this I used for initial entry of stock balance through MB1C in Inventory management) to storage type MX2 which i have created with all master data setup like storage type search sequence strategy and created a bins for this as well.

I noticed the transfered stock in "stock for putaway block" and not as available stock in destination storage type MX2( customized Stock putaway strategy as blank for stortype MX2).

If I need to Pick goods from this storage type against SO Delivery...goods are suppose to be in available stock of MX2 storage type.

Could any body help why stock has been transfered to stock in put away rather to available stock.

If Something needs to be customized apart from basic master data ......plz help me out.

Naveen

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You shoud have set TR creation for mvt 501 and in this case you could have followed the sceanrio written by me: process TR from LB10. (insted of manual TO creation by LT01)

2. WM has nothing to do with available stock. Availability check belongs to IM - there's no point in speaking availability in WM.

3. Why and how your stock has been transferred from one storage type to another, you should check first in LT22. We cannot here see your settings and reports how do you expect us to solve this problem without giving any information?

Outbound delivery won't trigger stock transfer from one normal storage type to another, someone should have transferred the stock manually - provided you are using standard SAP...

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 19, 2008 3:42 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 19, 2008 4:00 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 19, 2008 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Go to LT24 , Confirm the open transfer order for the material stock that you moved from 998 st type to MX2.This makes the stock available in storage type.You should be all set.