Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting with pay of Excise Duty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In Subcontracting with pay of Excise Duty,

How much % i have to maintain in Condition Type JEXC & how could i get the accounting entry mention below in MIGO & Excise flow in BED,ECS & SECS fields.

CENVAT Input BED - Dr

CENVAT Input ECS - Dr

CENVAT Input SECess - Dr

CENVAT Clearing A/c - Cr

Plz suggest...........

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, in subcontracting process u donot need to pay any excise despite the material sending to the vendor is excisable one. Here in this process:

1. U have to create a subcontract challan with J1IF01 and take a print out of the challan with j1if13 and send with subcon material.

2. Transfer the material from our stocks to subcontractor vendor with 541 movement type.

If the material is not received from the vendor with in 180 days u have to pay the CENVAT credit amount taken at the time of purchasing.

And, u can take the credit again after receiving the material again using J1IFQ.

If it is of inventorised excise type, u donot need to think of it as the values r gets added to the material at the the time of purchasing itself.

Regards,

Bhuvan

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of maintaining excise value in JEXC, use a tax code with 14% BED + 2% ECS + 1% SECess in "Invoice" Tab of Subcontracting PO and then proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

I am using the taxinn procedure.

Want to know the std procedure for SC with payment of Ed

How much % have to maintain for JEXC & what will be the effect of it.

Thanks

Edited by: akshay sonurkar on Sep 19, 2008 2:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condition will be 14,2 and 1 generally or as depending on the material that u r sending the vendor.