cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Shipment Cost Document, the system automatically picks up a service purchase order. Say i have 3 POs for the same delivery date as the settlement date in shipment cost document.

the system is selecting a PO automatically. i wish to know the basics behind how the system picks up a service PO automatically.

Eg: i have PO1 , PO 2, PO 3 for the same delivery date with the same vendor x.

when i create a shipment cost document, which PO does the system choose & on what basis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

To answer to your first question:

Basis of picking up a SO:

When you try to settle a "Shipment Cost Document" the system looks for a OPEN SO which matches the following criteria:

@ SO Header Level:

1) Company Code (Should match the Co. Code of Transportation Planning Point (Tppt))

2) Purchasing Org ( should be same as maintained for Tppt.,Check Table V_TVFP)

3) Purchasing Grp (should be same as maintained for Tppt,Check Table V_TVFP)

4) Document Currency

5)Vendor

6) Validity Start and End date

@ SO Item Level:

1) Plant (should be same as maintained for Tppt,Check Table V_TVFP)

2) PO Item Category (Usually 'D")

3) Account Assignment Category(Usually 'U")

4) Delivery Date (Date type Should be 'M')

5) Final Invoice Indicator

6) Block Indicator

7) Value Limit

This Means, a SO Will be selected if it has the same Co.Code,P.Org.PGrp ,Currency,Vendor,Plant as in Shipment cost Document;Account assignment category is 'U',Delivery date format is 'M' (month format); it does not have Final Invoice and Block Indicator ticked and has Spare Value Limit to accommodate the Shipment Cost.

If you want to check why or why not a SO is selected,compare the above parameters of Shipment and Shipment Cost documents to that of the SO.You will get the answer.

Your second question is about the existance of multiple SOs.Ideally, this should not happen in a real business scenario 'coz for a vendor with a set of above parameters you need not have more than 1 SO for a month.

Incase you do have multiple SOs,system will always select the SO which is created first as far as it is not closed.

Please note: Even if the Value limit is exhausted,system will keep on selecting the same SO and throw error till the time the SO is closed by ticking the Final Invoice Indicator.

Once the first SO is closed,the system will select the SO which is created next and so on.

I hope this will give some clarity to you.

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further info on this.

Award if helpful.

Regards,

Ashish Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) System will look for vendor

2) Then it will look for delivery date of the PO

3) Then it will look for whether the value of PO is still left i.e. further there is a scope of value invoiced and goods receipt.

4) Then based on the creation date it will select the oldest PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have maintained limits in the PO.

PO 1 : 1500 USD

PO 2 : 2500 USD

My shipment cost is 2000 USD. The system picks up PO 1 with 1500 USD & throws an error saying NO LIMITS.

How to make the system pick PO 2 instead of PO 1?

My requirement is that once a PO is used, it should not be used again. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Either increase the limit of PO1 .

2) Block PO1 and then try.