cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new field in search help result view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to include one more field in search help result. The field shoud give description.

How can i do this in UI result view?

If I try to add attribute in result view, the result view is of type table, and it does not allow us to add value node. It will allow us to add model attribute. If I add attribute in search help resut table view then will i be able to see it in table form.

Thanks and regards

Pankaj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Can you give some more clarity on your requirement ??

What is the object you are trying to enhance ?? Ideally Descriptions should be present by default in the serach result object. I guess you dont have to code anything extra for this ..

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The exact requirement is that in search of install base component crmcmp_ibsearch, in the result view i am able to see attribute of component id, product id of that component but not the description. I need to display description of that product. Do i need to add attribute in context node of result view? if yes how will i bind it so that i am able to see description in that field.

Thanks and regards

Pankaj Kumar

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Its not that difficult.

There are two ways

1. You can enhance your Result BOL object through EEWB and append your z-field to std. BOL result object. This then appears automatically for your result context node and then you can pull it to the view in config tool.

2. Directly go to your context node class (CN00 , CN01 etc ) , now copy method GET_S_XYZ , paste it and rename as GET_yourfieldname. Similarly copy SET_S_XYZ, GET_M_XYZ and GET_I_XYZ and paste and rename. Once activated. Quit the component browser completely. Open again using bsp_wd_cmpwb. open you view and then your node. You can find you new attribut present as struct.YourField.

You can then copy code from available setter-getter methods for this attribute. You must handle setter getter by urself in this case. In may std. nodes, this is done for description field. I have personally done this for product descripton field.

if you dont want the field to be part of structure ( i.e. as struct.Yourfield ) then you can also copy paste GET_XYZ, SET_XYZ methods. your filed then do not appear as Struct.YourField but it just appears as YourField name under context node.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks & Regards.

You can check PRODUCTDESCRIPTION attribute of BTAdminI node of BT115QIT_SLSQ/Items view of BT115QIT_SLSQ component. They have added it the same way as i described above. You see the GET_ method to see how they are retrieving product description. In my object, i wrote direct query to Comm_prshtext table to retriev short_text by passing product guid and then assigen it to value variable of Get method.

Edited by: suchita P on Sep 20, 2008 2:22 AM

Answers (0)