cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altrernate resources in SNP PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario where we have several alternate resources coming into SNP PDS. However when I run SNP optimizer, the run terminates with an error.

Can i use alternate resources in SNP PDS for optimization?

Regards,

Kedar Agarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sravan,

The classification of resources on recipes works well for The PPDS optimizer. In this way you have one PPDS to explode to a planned order and you have multiple modes. The PPDS optimizer can select the correct mode base on its optimization cryteria of delays and set up.

This approach does not work for SNP. For that you need to create a recipe and production version for each resource. Then with different costs the SNP optimizer can select between PDS's/resources.

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I also have the same scenario , please let me know what you have done to overcome this scenario.

Thanks and regards

Thamizhchelvan G

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Are you using configurable products in R/3? (what classification system?)

SNP does not support configuration. It cannot read characteristic values.

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Can you please tell me how you were able to transfer the alternative modes in SNP PDSs, because even if we use the resource clasification in ECC when I transfer the SNP PDS only one mode per activity is created.

Have you did some specific config?

Thanks in advance,

Gyo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Can you please tell me how you were able to transfer the alternative modes in SNP PDSs, because even if we use the resource clasification in ECC when I transfer the SNP PDS only one mode per activity is created.

Have you did some specific config?

Thanks in advance,

Gyo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GYO,

I will explain you what kind of settings i have made for getting alternate resources in PDS.

Step1:

Define characteristic - X

Under this 5 tabs are there -

Basic data - Description - work center

- Status - Released

- Value assignment - Multiple values

- Format - Char

Now assign this characteristic to a class - Y

Step 2:

In the resource classification defind the Class Y.

Then you will be able to see characteristic description, define the resource name in the "value" field, next to description.

Step 3:

In the master recipe in an operation double click classification and define the class.

and then enter all the alternate resource.

Step 4:

CIF SNP PDS

Step:

In SNP PDS you will be able to see the alternate resources.

Plz revert for any clarity

Regards

Sravan Maturu

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can generate SNP PDS with alternate mode , however SNP do not support any alternate mode .

Thanks and regards

Thamizhchelvan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

v5.0 SNP Optimizer does not support alternate modes:

Since you can only create one mode per activity in the SNP PPM, you cannot define any alternative resources for a production activity. To define alternative resources, you must create one PPM per mode combination. You can use the SNP PPM Generation With Lot Size Margin function to generate SNP PPMs automatically for multiple PP/DS PPM mode combinations.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can certainly use alternate resources in SNP. When you transfer different production versions with routings the system creates that many SNP PDS. You can then take Optimiser run. System will choose least cost PDS & also look at capacity constraint.

What error is optimiser giving? please elaborate.

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In our case, using the classification system in R/3, we are able to CIF the alternate resources in SNP PDS. Our requirement is that SNP optimizer should consider the alternate resources while doing the planning.

I got the following error "liveCache COM routine ended with own error code 110" and "Error creating orders". So the SNp optimizer is not creating any planned orders.

regards,

Kedar Agarkar