cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating Supplies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to the Operating Supplies. Could you please guide as to what steps to be followed for Operating supplies?

What are the configuration steps and process wrt to Operating Supplies?

Thanks in advance,

CG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mam,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you plz tell as to whether we can maintain stock position for Operating supplies?

Also, do we require Cost center or Profit center or G/L for the same.

Thanks,

CG

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you use the valuation class defined in MMR which ultimately finds the G/L account internally...these numbers are generally defined by FI consultants...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Edited by: Priyanka Paltanwale on Sep 19, 2008 2:13 PM

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to maintain stock of material but value should get expensed out during GR then use Materials with material type UNBW (Non-Valuated)

Also you require an Expense nature of GL A/c for the Cost Center which can come automatically in PO if you have maintained Valuation Class in the material master "Accounting 1" view and done necessary account determination in OBYC for GBB-VBR.

Process Flow: -

1. ME21N - PO with Account Assignment Category (For e.g. K - Cost Center), In Account Assignment tab, maintain GL A/c and Cost Center

2. MIGO - GR w.r.t. PO; it will post following A/c entry;

(GBB-VBR) Expense A/c - Dr
(WRX) GR/IR Clearing A/c - Cr

3. MIRO - LIV for the PO; it will post following A/c entry;

Vendor A/c -Cr
GR/IR Clearing A/c - Dr

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Operating supplies (HIBE)

Operating supplies are procured externally and required for the manufacture of other products. A material master record of this material type can contain purchasing data, but not sales data. Use XXX(3030) valuation class which is normally used....

Make and save master data...

Do PO from ME21N from the same material...

Do GR from MIGO

And DO IR from MIRO....

Regards

Priyanka.P