Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to control access to Portal Service in EP 7.0?

Hi

We have developed a portal service, which is published on the EP 7.0 server as a web service. The service is published in high safety zone and hence only users with adminitrative priveleges can access the service.

How can i create a user, which can be used only to access this service but doesnt have priveleged access to the EP Server, some thing like a service user?

I would be grateful, if some one could point me to some resources on the web or give me some hints.

Regards

Kalpesh

replied

Hi Kalpesh,

a pure service user will not be enough. You need a user which can actually logon to your EP but can only access your web service:

You will have to create a named user in the UME and give the user read permissions to the security zone where your web service is located.

Than you can access your web service with this user using Username/PWD in basicauthentication.

If you do not assign this user to any roles/groups the user will be able to logon to your EP but then will receive a message that it is not assign to any role and will not get any content.

Best regards,

Stefan Brauneis

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question