cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Do you know if you can use ERS with SRM enabled. At mcr we currently use extended classic which means shopping carts, orders and good receipts are created in SRM.

Purchase orders and good receipts are replicated to ECC via RFC.

We have found we can use ERS where orders are generated via ECC MM but obviously this is not the scenrio we use.

Can you confirm with your knowledge if this is possible to implement via SRM.

Thanks in advance

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was resolved internally and manual changes were required to the bp of the vendor in SRM as the replication of ers not fully updating the system. I have closed down this call as internal fix carried out. Thanks for suggestions received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kathirvel

I had a quick look on SDN and noticed ref to this report. I am unsure of how the ERS process works. Can you confirm what BBPERS does?

We are on version SRM4.0 ECC 5.0 will this affect anything? most of the posts refer to SRM5.

We can set up vendors in ECC with the following flags ticked, GR Based inv verif, autoeval GR selmt del and auto evalgrset ret. Using this vendor we can create a shopping cart no problems. But when the buyer tries to assign the (prefered) vendor to the order we receive the following error. VENDOR IS NOT PERMITTED FOR AUTO SETTLEMENT. This refers to message number 156 BBP_PD but I am unsure how we can remove or find out why this error is happening.

So at the moment we cannot test running BBPERS as we have no orders where the above flags have been ticked on a vendor. I have found some documentation on the net which refers to Purchase Info record but I have no idea what this is. As our orders are generated in SRM not sure if this affects anything.

Sorry if bomarded you with a lot of info but unsure which steps to take next, I think i need to resolve the above error message so we can at least assign vendor to orders which have the 3 fields as mentioned above ticked, then assign a GRN in SRM then run the BBPERS, is this correct? Do you know of any other work that is required in SRM? is all the work carried in ECC apart from running the above report in SRM as a batch job.

Thanks in advance

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

After setting up vendors in ECC, please replicate/update them into SRM using BBPGETVD (new vendors) / BBPUPDVD (update changes in vendors).

The reason is to sync the vendor details in ECC & SRM, so that there are no inconsistencies in the vendor master records.

After completing this activity, you can create SC, PO , GR and then you can run the ERS program as explained earlier.

Regards

Kathirvel

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope that you have flagged the vendor in EBP i.e ERS in the vendor data.

Enterprise Buyer automatically posts the invoice on the basis of the purchase order and the

confirmation.

ERS within Enterprise Buyer applies to local purchase orders and confirmations.

Determines invoice amount for this ordering transaction from price entered on PO, terms of payment, tax information, and delivery quantity. ERS must be specified on the business partner master record.

Purchase orders generated in the back end system can be settled using the ERS functionality within

this back end.

ERS only recommended when you and your vendor have a clear agreement on the conditions.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Muthu

Sorry for long delay in responding to you. I have been looking into this further and have been told that we can only use ERS for both SRM and ECC if we use MM in more depth. Where I work the only active thing in MM is where we set up product categories that is it. We were told we would need to maintain alot more info and as we generate orders & GRN out of SRM we do not use MM functionality.

Is this your understanding?

thanks

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is possible. Please use the program BBPERS in SRM for the same.

Regards

Kathirvel