Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation Personnel Action (PA40) via ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create a personnel action via ABAP, I have read that FM HR_MAINTAIN_MASTER_DATA cannot be used for this.

Does anyone know of a FM that can be used for this? points will be provided

Regards,

Leandro Fonseca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to set the parameter NO_EXISTENCE_CHECK to 'X' in order to use this function call for a hiring Action.. Also, pl note that you have to explicitly code for Dynamic Actions, if any, as this fm simply mimics a BDC & does not handle Dyn Actions..

~Suresh

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly clear your objective?

1. What I understand U want to use PA40 functionality through other TCODE means of ABAP

development .

a) Try write BDC for PA40 TCODE and use it .

b) Use F.M HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update your required Infotype.

Thanks

Siladitya

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR - REQUEST OR OFFER POINTS ARE FORBIDDEN>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Sep 19, 2008 3:12 PM

0 Kudos

Basically I have a requirement to maintain infotypes via FM, for this I am using HR_MAINTAIN_MASTER_DATA, but i also need to be able to create new hires, and this is what I am looking for. If there would be a FM similar to HR_MAINTAIN_MASTER_DATA to do this, it would be good.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In PA40 u are doing some action and update Infotype in your infogroup .

But through this F.M U can only update one infotype at a time .

It will work fine if u want to insert, modify , del any records in single infotype.

Thanks

Siladitya

0 Kudos

Hmmm, so you what you are telling me, is that you don't know of a FM that can replicate the actions you perform in PA40 in example for a New hire?

0 Kudos

Even I am looking for a FM to create a persnr and update only few infotypes . I have tried using HR_MAINTAIN_MASTER_DATA, but it is not allowing me to skip to next infotype without updating the values.

Has anyone has idea ?

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to set the parameter NO_EXISTENCE_CHECK to 'X' in order to use this function call for a hiring Action.. Also, pl note that you have to explicitly code for Dynamic Actions, if any, as this fm simply mimics a BDC & does not handle Dyn Actions..

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Well, it seems that putting the no_existence_check seems to work, but now I am facing a different problem. When creating infotype 0001(Organizational Assignment), i get an error stating that infotype 0003(Payroll Status) has not been created, also have not been able to create this infotype (0003), and always get the same error when creating 0001. Any help on this?

Regards,

Leandro Fonseca

0 Kudos

Decided to use BDC via PA30 to create the personnel action.

former_member226519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try fm HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION for Infotype 0000,

hiring action = subtype

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the FM HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA for the same.

But if you are planning for BDC write it on PA30 instead of PA40.