cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Could not Import Universe" error while trying to refresh a Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are trying to refresh a report in ZABO in production environment, we are getting an error "Could not import universe".

We are able to import all other universes and refresh all other reports thru ZABO.

Even these reports that are dependent on this universe are getting refreshed in Infoview and Full client. We are continuously facing this issue in ZABO.

We tried the following steps but it did not fix the problem.

1) Go to Tools -> Universes; Select the Universe to be imported and click on "Import" - Result: An error stating "Cannot find Universe".

Click on "Refresh" button and then on "Import" again.

Still the same error " Cannot find Universe"

2) Click on "Data manager" after opening the report. Go to 'Definition' tab -> click on "..." - Result: "Cannot find Universe" error.

3) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 6.0\lsi\

Take a backup of .rkey and .lsi files of our gateway server and delete them from that location.Then relogin Infoview and ZABO.

4)Go to Internet Options -> Temporary File Settings -> View Objects.

Delete RptViewerAX class and ZaboCheckandRunControl class and relogin infoview and ZABO.

5) Tried creating a new Document based on that Universe.

6)Publish the universe with a different name and try creating a report based on that.

None of these trials worked out. Please help us to fix this issue.

Note: Our Production environment is reverse proxy enabled that has a time out set to 15 mins at webintelligence level. The Error is being observed with in 2 mins from the refresh process started.

Regards

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis :

Hope you are doing good...

Currently i am working with BO 6.5 version. when i am trying to import my universe in my test region. It is throwing error.

Error1 : Could not import the universe.

Error2: Could not export the universe.

I have deleted my local copy of universe. But its still not working. can you please help me regarding this. and recently our users around 300 people are facing timed out issues. And scheduled BCA reports are failing.

Using SQL Database. The problem is related to SQL or i need to change any settings in Designer.

I guess the problem is with disk space issue.

"Previously we never faced this" can you help me please. Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to CMC, and check the path in file store where this Universe is stored.

Follow this path and check if this universe is present there.

If you have a local copy, you could open and export this by changing the name and try re-pointint one of the reports.

If it works, you could delete the original and rename it to the original Universe.

Regards,

Jayendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jayendra,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please explain what is CMC and how do I go to that ? Any specific path to be searched ?

Regards

Chaitanya

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ChaithanyaI

Please check if the user is in Offline Mode in ZABO. The checkbox is in the ZABO login window - just uncheck it and the error might away.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello :

Can any one help with the below Query.

Currently i am working with BO 6.5 version. when i am trying to import my universe in my test region. It is throwing error.

Error1 : Could not import the universe.

Error2: Could not export the universe.

I have deleted my local copy of universe. But its still not working. can you please help me regarding this. and recently our users around 300 people are facing timed out issues. And scheduled BCA reports are failing.

Using SQL Database. The problem is related to SQL or i need to change any settings in Designer.

I guess the problem is with disk space issue.

"Previously we never faced this" can you help me please. Thanks for your time.