Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

previous data updation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to update previous data in 'Z' table.

Previously there was the problem in opening balance and closing balance that has been corrected but the previous data I want to modify.

How do i do with out changing the previous program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try it from table maintainace generator. ?

it wud be simple for you to change it from there.

Tcode is SM30.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just try the tcode se16n.

After entering the tcode.... execute and then type :&sap_edit in the command box. You can edit the values in the table without disturbing the program.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try it from table maintainace generator. ?

it wud be simple for you to change it from there.

Tcode is SM30.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to SE11 give the table name and press F7 and go for utilities->table contents->Display Entries.

Then press F8. Then check the record you wanted to Edit, In the command line write /H and press <Enter> to switch on Debugging. Then press Display Icon in the application tool bar. After entering Debugging mode press F7. Then change the value of parameter CODE from DISP to EDIT. Then the record will come to you in editable mode.After making the changes press SAVE button.

The record will be updated.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Meshack Appikatla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are a few records in tables, you can use se16n and the updation during debugging.

But if u have more records, its better to create a Maintenance Generator and update the entries. However, you will not be able to change the key fields.

- Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much guys....

sorry for the late reply.