cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cygwin and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have problems using Cygwin when for the SAP tools sapinst, SAPup, and so on....

The applications launches ok, and the text boxes and buttons seems ok. The problem is when

typing in a text box, the graphics does not update!

(not until I minimize and then again maximize the window on my PC, I can see the text previously typed)

I havn't get in to the details of cygwin, but assume there might be som options to tune here?

//Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not familiar with this software.... but if you're calling sapinst you need the right version of java... I have also seen problems with refreshing with working in a terminal to a remote box... usually minimize and maximize the screen help...

Anyhow i presume the best is to as Cygwin.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Cygwin is (among other things) a X windows emulator, that emulates unix programs on a windows pc.

Because of this, the java JRE version on my PC does not matter, since it is not used in this case.

//Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try to use another X windows emulator.

I use Xstart and I find it pretty good. It is available free on the net. Atleast you will find on sites like download.com

Regards,

Tajinder

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not talking about your PC JRE, I'm talking about the JDK installed on the server you're trying to run sapinst.

Regards

Juan