cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset: Changed Cost center/Depreciation posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have changed the cost center in the asset master in Aug08 and maintained the interval from 01.04.2008, before this change, i have already run dep posting till July08 and posted to old cost center.

When I run the dep run for aug08 the dep is being posted to new cost center and there is no adjustment posting for dep already posted from 1st april to july08 to the new cost center, now my query is, if the system does not adjust the dep then why it should allow to change the cost center interval in the asset master to the previous months for which dep have already been posted.

What is the purpose of changing the cost center interval date to earlier date when dep have already been posted.

Kindly clarify.

Rgds

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

post this in the correct forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Coct centere activity u cant change try to cancle fi document and then u can transfer to new cost cenre.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can re-launch your depretiation run for the months in question in order to post on a new cost centre. Regarding your question: indeed, there is no check when you change the time-dependent data for the asset. I think, in ECC 6.0 SAP added several checks on changing time-dependent data.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response, kindly let me know what you meant by re-launch.

Rgds

Suresh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Restart the depreation run in AFAB with 'Repeat' mode.