cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem BW : DTP lost source system mapping and new one created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a little question concerning the BI content activation, when you have to activate objects and there are two source systems, one of them already with a flow working. Do you have to check both source systems in your screen of source system selection, if there are shared objects? I was afraid if I only checked the one I wanted the existing one would dissappear? I donu2019t want to touch the existing one as it was a 3.5 flow which has been migrated to 7.0.

I have also another question, which is a worse scenario of what has happened recentlyu2026!! Imagine you have originally one source system in your BW DEV environment (towards QA) with a certain amount of Datasources connected to it as well as some DTPu2019s. A new source system was added to this BW DEV (towards PROD). Do you think adding this new source system could have an impact in the mapping of the DTP towards the Datasources? In fact, some of our DTP have been modified and they are pointing to the incorrect Datasource/Source system. These DTP were created manually as well as the Transformations as it was a former 3.5 flow. Do you know a way to bring it back to itu2019s previous connection. Maybe a table that points to the correct source system or a function module? RSBKDTP and RSBK* tables do not store this info (only descriptions) and RSRV doesnu2019t do it.

Please let me know if you have had a similar case! Points are waiting and the gratitude of my boss...lol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?