cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location selection during sales order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need your help in one issue related to storage location selection during sales order creation.

We have two manufacturing units from there finished products are transferred to sales depot using STO with SD route. By default material is posted to SD01 location. If there is any sales price change, material is transferred to other storage locations like SD02, SD03 & SD04 using storage location to storage location transfer posting. We have different sales order type like ZTR1, ZTR2, ZTR3 & ZTRD and these order types are linked to storage location.

The requirement is that during sales order creation user wants to create sales order so that it picks the oldest material available, like if user is making sales order of type ZTR1 which is linked to storage location SD02 but the oldest material is available in storage location SD03 so user should get a pop-up saying "oldest material is lying in storage location SD03, make sales order accordingly" so that user will create a sales order of required order type.

Thanks & regards'

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot do by storage location, if you have warehouse management, there you can have stratergy FIFO, so that system will automatically determine oldest material whn outbound creates.

Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramki

We don't have WM active. Can't we go for some development or user exit to get a message at the time of creation of sales order?

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can get it done with a user exit like MVAFZZ,

Please ask your ABAPER to write a logic regarding your requirement

Thanks,

RP.

Edited by: rajendraprasad vasam on Sep 19, 2008 3:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajendra

I tried to look for exit MVAFZZ but couldn't get it. Could you please tell me the exact exit which can be used for transaction VA01 for getting pop-up message stating the oldest material availability after checking the material GR date in different storage locations. Or any other method for the same.

Thanks

Manoj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try with MV45AFZZ user exit

Regards

Siva