Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically the way most SAP systems are configured, there are two scenarios here:

1. The component reserved in the PM order is item category 'N'. This is a non inventory item and must be directly procured for consumption against the PM order at the point of goods receipt. In this case no reservation is created and instead a requisition is directly created (in table EBAN) and the requisition is account assigned directly to the PM order (in table EBKN - field AUFNR).

2. The component reserved in the PM order is item category 'L'. In this case no requisition is directly created, instead a reservation is created against the item in stock (in table RESB). If there is sufficient stock of the item already then the item is consumed when it is goods issued to the PM order from stock using MIGO and there is no requisition created. In the event that there is not sufficient stock of the item for the reservations that exist, when MRP is run, a requisition will be created to replenish the stock, but this requisition will not be assigned to a specific PM order as it could be replenishing stock of the item for several reservations which are all for different orders. So in this scenario there is no direct link from the reservation generated by the PM order to the requisition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks

I think I am almost there.

I think the 1st point you made is the type of scenario we are running here, where a res number is created, and a Preq is created and the reservation is not actually used. I have found that from the PM order number I can find the PReq (as you explained), however how does one confirm that the line items correspond to the components on the PM Order. My understanding is that the Components on the PM Order are saved on RESB. I understand that a reservation is not created, but there is a reservation number on the general data of the component. I need to link the PReq to that number as I need to check an entry on RSADD for that corresponding record,

I hope what I have explained makes sense and hope you will be able to assist

Thanks

Vinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I got it. On EBAN there is a Settlement reservation number that is actually the link that I THINK i am looking for and it seems to be in making sense. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the the scenario 1 that I mentioned, i.e. the component is item category N (not L), once the PM order is released it should create an entry in RESB for each component. The reservation itself cannot be used but the RESB entry will have the field AUFNR set to the PM order number, the field POSTP will show 'N', confirming that it is externally procured and not inventory as I previously explained, and the field POSNR will show the component line number from the PM order. The fields RESB-BANFN and RESB-BNFPO will show the requisition number and requisition line numbers which will enable you to get the full requisition details from EBAN.