cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sending an asynchronous SOAP call with acknowledgment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are sending some data via ABAP Proxy to our XI 3.0 system which sends the data to an external service via an asynchronous SOAP call.

The external services needs over 5 minutes to save the results and then sends the acknowledgment.

In the meanwhile our XI system produces a negative acknowledgement and starts the message retry to resend the message. After the second try XI system gets the positive acknowledgment.

Has anyone an idea how we can solve this issue? Is it possible to set the retry timer explicit for one interface?

Thanks for you help!!!

Greetings

Habib Sarbas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the SOAP adapter FAQ on Service Market Place,

* Q: Can I increase the default timeout value for the sender adapter?

A: Yes. The default timeout value for synchronous calls is 5 minutes. You can increase this value by setting parameter XI.Timeout in the module parameter table of the SOAP adapter. The value must be given in milliseconds. For example, value 600000 represents the timeout value of 10 minutes. This parameter is not recognized in systems prior to SP13.

Holds true for Receiver SOAP adapter as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your help.

The XI.Timeout parameter solved the problem.

Now its working fine!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know whether this might help you. When you use the transport protocol as Servlet(Axis) in a soap sender, you can the connection timeout parameters which u can set up.

Apart from that, i dont see any parameter that can be set in soap adapter