Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM01 Create New Material Master without Basic view

ericsj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP system allow us to create a new material master Purchasing View only (without Basic views). We execute T-code MM01, select Purchasing view only, enter the purchasing view data and save. Material master created with only the Purchasing view.

We want to control whereby Basic view must be created first before any plant/organisation material views (Sales, purchasing, Accouting etc) can be created. That means user cannot create Purchasing view ONLY if the Basic views is not created, can this be done??

best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto OMS2 transaction code, select material type and choose details.

In user departments segment select Basic data and save.

Regards,

Chandra

ericsj
Contributor

Already done with your suggestion using OMS2,OMSR,OMS9 to set the user depart, the Basic view fields (based unit of measure) to mandatory. We still able to create Purchasing view only by reference to an existing material, all field copy over and can same the purchasing view, material created without the Basic view. Problem still unresolve.

best regards,

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I feel you have to create a custom Tcode for MM01 (SE91) and change the logic with the help of the abaper to make the views mandatory.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For most of the standard SAP material types the basic data 1 view is configured as mandatory, but that can be turned off in the configuration. The first place I would look would be in SPRO under 'Logistics - General -> Material Master -> Basic Settings -> Material Types -> Define Attributes of material types'. In this transaction, highlight the material type being used and click on the magnifying glass. The section 'User departments' shows what views can be created for a material. You need to check 'Basic Data' is selected here.

If that isn't the problem, then I would suggest that you look at the screen sequence and also the field selection configuration for the material type, which you can find under 'Logistics - General -> Material Master -> Configuring the Material Master'. This configuration dictates what fields are shown on the material master and the status of each field, i.e. whether it is mandatory or not.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using OMSR & OMS9 Trxn codes, Set the Below Fields to Mandatory Such that Even user is Trying to Create Only Purchasing view it will ask other Mandatory details

Description MAKTX

UOM MEINS

Material Group MATKL

Regards,

Ashok