Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Does Xcelsius allow interactive data entry?

Hi everyone,

I am currently designing a dashboard to review and evaluate a portfolio of projects.

The dashboard shows each row of the excel file as a separate project card, and the project to be showed is selected via the list box component.

For each project, other information is showed, which comes from the other columns of the excel sheet: for instance 'project description', 'project cost' etc.

Everything fine then for the review part of my portfolio.

But then, in each project card, I need to assign a score to each project. For sake of simplicity, just imagine the score is a value that ranges from 1 to 3.

The 'score' value is recorded just like any other project information, in a column of the aforementioned excel sheet.

The problem lies in the fact that I would like to assign the score during my presentation, directly when presenting my xcelsius model in a powerpoint. I would then save the xcelsius via the scenario component.

That is very close to what I would do with a MS Access Form:

- Filter the record with the desired 'Project Name'

- Show all the other columns of the filtered record

- Edit the last one ('score')

- Save the database

My question is: what are the Xcelsius tools to perform this dynamic data entry?

I took a look at the spinner component: it would be really nice if it could be targeted dynamically to the row and cell resulting from the filter. (the filter would only retrieve one record: each project is unique). I do not want the spinner component to target a fixed cell, especially if my project list includes hundreds of entries!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your time

Stefano

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question