Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

former_member105207
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am performing a system copy for ecc5 on suse linux enterprise server 10 x86_64 with oracle 9 through sapinst.

when i try to install oracle it is hanging on 18%.

when i referred to the oracle logs it is showing as

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/OraInstall2008-09-19_01-25-05PM/libactionUnix22.so: 
/tmp/OraInstall2008-09-19_01-25-05PM/libactionUnix22.so: 
symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
	at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1560)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1456)
	at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:737)
	at java.lang.System.load(System.java:811)
	at ssOiGenClassux22.<clinit>(ssOiGenClassux22.java:25)
	at sstouchFileux.touchFile(sstouchFileux.java:135)
	at sstouchFileux.installAction(sstouchFileux.java:65)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.doActionWithException(OiisCompActions.java:1357)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.doActionImpl(OiisCompActions.java:1157)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.doAction(OiisCompActions.java:604)
	at Components.oracle.rsf.hybrid.v9_2_0_1_0.CompActions.doAction(Unknown Source)
	at Components.oracle.rsf.hybrid.v9_2_0_1_0.CompInstallPhase1.doActionP1touchFile11(Unknown Source)
	at Components.oracle.rsf.hybrid.v9_2_0_1_0.CompInstallPhase1.stateChangeActions(Unknown Source)
	at Components.oracle.rsf.hybrid.v9_2_0_1_0.CompActions.stateChangeActions(Unknown Source)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase$OiilActionThr.run(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:604)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.executeProductPhases(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:2199)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.doInstalls(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:2052)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase$OiInstRun.run(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:2945)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I have tried the variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL =2.4.1 and 2.4.21 and when trying to start the RUNINSTALLER i am getting a new error

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please help me out to solve this problem.

Your help is appreciated alot.

Thanking you,

Regards,

chandru.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to install a 32bit database on a 64bit OS? This is not supported.

On top of that is Oracle 9.2 out of maintenance. I suggest you use Oracle 10 to install the system.

Markus

former_member105207
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply.

I know that oracle 9.2 is out of maintenance. I am performing this on a special request.

Mine is 64 bit machine and i am using only 64 bit software.

can you suggest some steps how to overcome the error.

regards,

chandru.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Did you install "glibc-devel-32bit" according to note "958253 - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10: Installation notes"?

Markus

former_member105207
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Thank you Markus.

I tried all the possible ways. i couldnt make it up.

so i installed oracle 10 and the installation was over.

regards,

chandru.