cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture System Error in XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

1. Can any one tell me , How to capture the system error , Adapter Error and send the alert to make sure the guarenteed delivery from Source to Target via XI ?

2.I have done the configuration for to capture the mapping error in transaction ALRTCATDEF .But still i am not able to see any messages in my Alert Inbox???

I have checked with the two weblogs Alert step by step and Alert Trouble shooting guide.but still i am not getting any messages in Alert inbox .Any one can tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

on which SP level is your XI system currently? If it is on SP 14, the problem with the container variables might be solved by applying SAP Note: 835031.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas / anyone, what should I try if I am seeing this issue in SP15? Thanks!

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

please refer to the How To guide: https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700004422742005E/XIMonitoringHowTo_01aSR.pdf. This Guide describes in detail how to set up Alerting.

Please keep in mind, that before SP14, End-to-End Monitoring (PMI) must be configured for alerting, too. From SP 14 on, the so-called PMI-free alerting was introduced.

Please refer also to SAP Note: 913858 - Troubleshooting Alerting.

Rgds.,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For MApping error :

I got the messages in Alert inbox now .But the messages are look like this

error : < SXMS_ERROR_CODE not found> was found in a message < SXMS_MSG_GUID not found>.

why i am not getting the values in the Container varriables?

For System and Adapter Error:

Can any one tell me , how to send the alerts for this ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wrote:

<i>How to capture the system error , Adapter Error </i>

Errors are captures in many ways and at different stages,

like alert, sld errors or even sxmb_moni or even with visual administrator trace, I am not sure of your requirement but if you want a centrlished point to access all these error you may refer a good example as,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

<i>have checked with the two weblogs Alert step by step and Alert Trouble shooting guide.but still i am not getting any messages in Alert inbox .Any one can tell me how to fix this?</i>

The two weblogs are my favourite and best resources but still if you are missing, please elaborate if you are getting any errors or other fesible traces as to why your alerts are not coming in inbox.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to capture the system error , Adapter Error ?

Thanks for your reply for this and the Mickale weblog is very useful one.In Visual Administrator we can see all the logs at one place.But my requirement is i need to send the alert for all the errors. ( for example

wrong communication channel configuration (Adapter Errors), The connection to one of the systems is lost (System Errors)).how to send the alert for all these errors?

Mapping Error:

Right now just for the test purpose i created the error "MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE". I want to capture this error in the Alert Inbox. I have done the steps as mentioned in the guide Alert step by step and Alert Trouble shooting .But still i am not able to see the messages in Alert Inbox and the Transaction SLG1 itself.

Please Advice.

Thanks!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Have a look at this SAP note..

Regards

Anand