cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No accounting document for Cancellation Invoice(S1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where in an Accounting document is not getting generated for a Cancellation invoice(S1) whereas the billing document it cancels (F2) has an accounting document generated.

Could you please tell me why this is happening?

Thanks & regards,

MP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOFA, select the billing type S1 and maintain S1 against the field Document Type. For S1 type document. in General control --> assign AB in Document Type.

Check it in OBA7 ,whether u assigned the reverse document type for RV. S1 should be maintained in the field "Reverse DocumentType"

Also, Check whether is there any Number Range Issue for Reversal Invoice (AB) Doc Type?

Hope, Any one of this would be missing.

Best Regards,

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MP

In VOFA, for S1 billing type, have you maintained the same "S1" against the field "Document Type" ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

For S1 billing type the ' Document type ' field is empty.By maintaining 'S1' in the 'Document type' field will the system be able to create Accounting doc?

Thanks & regards,

MP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check account determination procedure is assigned to billing type S1 or not?

Regards,

Chandra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MP

You are suppose to maintain "S1" against the field "Document Type". Please maintain that and retry and I am sure, your problem will be solved.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

Over the weekend the users have created an Invoce again for the same order & cancelled the invoce with the billing doc type ' S1 ' & for both documents the system has created the Acconting document.

The problem here is we have find why the system did not create an Accounting doc for the cancellation invoice before for the same sales order & invoice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MP

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear MP,

Go to VOFA & select your Invoice Cancellation type (S1).

In General Control there is a check box for "Posting Block". Remove the tick mark in that box (keep it blank).

This would ensure that your Invoice Cancellation (S1) documents are posted the moment you save them.

Hope this Helps...

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Sep 19, 2008 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

I have already checked S1 billing type in VOFA.The Posting block field is not checked, it is blank.

Any other possibility.

Thanks for ur reply.

Regards,

MP.