cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAlue based MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need one help on MRP. My client requirs value to be displayed for each planning quantity in the stock requirement list. Is there any way we can see both planned quantity and and it's value. Requirement is -- They have a budget constraint. If the budget crosses certain limit, the planned quantity will change.

Can any one help on this. If that can not be displayed on the Stock requirement list, can you give some idea where to get the value of the planned quantity. May be some report or table......

Regards,

Samar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can develop Z object for this requirement. You can use material master price and multiply that price with planned order quantity to get value of that planned order. You have to develop one screen to show the MRP results.

Regards

KrishnamurthyDSS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

What your client needs basically is the procurement based on cost. So instead of doing a post analysis of MRP with reference to cost you should try to use cost based lot sizing which will instruct system to plan a material in a way that it shouldn't exceed the budget. Cost based lot size procedure is nothing but a balance between your procurement cost and inventory carying cost. Just try to analyse the requirement though this way and check which of the cost based lot size procedure is suitable for your scenario. I hope this will help you in solving the problem.

regards,

Uday