Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what are the prerequisite we need to take care writing falt file or exce sheet to upload the data for any transaction

with example plz EXPLAIN ME like t code FS00 ,

many thanks tou

raju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

let if u want to make flat file for the tcode fs00 ...

go to tcode fsoo then according to the requairment of the fields select the value of the feild from fsoo n put it in excel sheet ..if the feild is optional then there is no need to put the feild u can just keep a empty cell..then atlast when u hav made entries for all the feilds do it tab delemeted..

hope this will help....

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U discuss ur functional consulatant.Because according to ur recording only u have to prepare ur Flat file..

Regards:

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have prepare your flat file considering your fields that you are going to upload into database.

Here the field length palce sthe major role wise you have format your excel sheet such tht all the rows will be properly shifted into your workarea using.

If you are instructed to uplaod use a .txt file then declare a structure of the fields u r going to upload and prepare a sample notepad so that spaces will be clear.

In case of EXCEL formate with Text and restrict the column lengths to the corrosponding fields length.

Hope this helps you.

Thks

0 Kudos

CAN U SHOW ME CONSIDEER ONE T code

i will assign full points

tahnks

0 Kudos

Hello,

Suppose i want to upload my Material master records of MM01.

I am taking 5 fields as example.

Material no field length - 18.

Industry sector - 1.

Materail type - 4.

Materail description - 40.

Unit - 3.

So for uploading this records your excel sheet should be like enter all your records of the 5 fields after that select all oyu records and right click there you select format cells, we are doing this because according to the length of the field we are uplaoding the data.Last thing which u have to do is select each column in EXCEL file and right click there u can see column width there u restrict the field length for ex material number column right click and column wif=dth set as 18 and so on......

Hope you got it.

Cheers!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..

let if u want to make flat file for the tcode fs00 ...

go to tcode fsoo then according to the requairment of the fields select the value of the feild from fsoo n put it in excel sheet ..if the feild is optional then there is no need to put the feild u can just keep a empty cell..then atlast when u hav made entries for all the feilds do it tab delemeted..

hope this will help....

0 Kudos

like an ex of the flat file made in notepad for tcode fs00 for feild lik

SAKNR G/L Account Number

BUKRS Company Code

BILKT Group Account Number

KTOKS Account Group

GVTYP P&L statement account type

FUNC_AREA Functional area

XBILK Balance sheet account

TXT20 G/L Account Short text

TXT50 G/L Account Long text

WAERS Account Currency

XKRES Line Item Display

ZUAWA Sort Key

FSTAG Field Status group

10204 1000 01012008 31129999 niki nikita mish GR04 EN 9822222222 982222222

0 Kudos

THANKS TO ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Understand your requirement, go to T-code FS00 create it maually.Note down all required and optional fields for that creation. Now make a text tabdelimited flat file with all those fields in the same sequence.

This will be enough to write a flat file. Hope you got the answer.

Regards,

Tirumala Reddy