cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW41 - Auto Backflush

Former Member

Hi,

During Service Confirmation using IW41, is it possible to set automatic components backflush upon 'saving' in the initial screen rather than going to 'Goods Movement' screen ? Does Process Control Key (OPKC) enable this ?

Thanks.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction OIOR.

Control data section.

Field: Process Control (key): SAP1 will not suit your needs, as it is not in the update mode.

You are correct, you can check the entries for the Process control key using transaction OPKC and create your own (category 30 for PM/SM orders)

I have never used this, and the documentation suggests it is at time of confirmation.

I would suggest this would happen at final confirmation of the operation - operation system status CNF, not PCNF.

Note: Auto GR is only relevant for Production Orders.

Let us know how this works for you.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Whaile creating an order you enter your component and in the end of line item you will see Backflush check box and when release the order and want to withdraw the material it will not let you to do so.

Posting of this material will take place when you do confirmation of material IW41. After confirrmation you will see in order that material issued cost is updated and material document created. There is no need of MIGO in this scenario.

And now if you 3 quantity of material and you want to post 1 material back to store. First cancel the confirmation by IW45 and then go to IW41 press good movement and change movement type 262 (reverse). After that go into your order see the cost is only of 2 quantity.

If still any problem in backflushing please let me know.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[Useful info|http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=307634]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finally used an Exit CONFPM05 at the time of saving a Service Confirmation to check if Goods Issue has been posted. If not, Service Confirmation will not be allowed.

Raj

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If this is solution then please tell me what you will do when you entered material in your order and released it.

Now after that you found you no need this material for maintenance and you don't want to withdraw the material then what will you do.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process here is all component entry is expected to be verified prior to Service Confirmation. So if any part is not used, they shall be deleted from the Service Order prior to Service Confirmation.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to do the Backflushing with following procedure , but not able to do it

1. Created order using IW31

2. Enter the components and ticked the backflushing indicator

3. Relese the order

4. Done Time confirmation using IW41 , clicked on goods movement button and saved it but goods movement still not posted.

I want to know where i am doing wrong step or missing any steps.

Regards,

Amar Jadhav

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See similar post [here|;

Backflush Determination:

- If the u201CAll componentsu201D indicator is set in the Confirmation Parameter settings in the IMG, then this setting overrides ALL other settings and ALL materials will be backflushed.

- Manual changes in the order operations override the Work Centre and Material Master settings.

- If the Material Master is set to u201CAlways backflushu201D, then this overrides the Work Centre settings.

- If the Material Master is set to u201CWork centre decides whether to backflushu201D, then the Work Centre must also be set for backflushing for the process to work.

The backflush process for PM/CS orders still requires you to access the goods movement screen in IW41 where the materials with valid backflush indicators will be displayed. If you do not enter this screen then the materials will not be backflushed.

[Useful info|http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=307634]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can check this out.

In SPRO ... Completion Confirmation --> "Define Control Parameters for Completion Confirmations", for the Plant and Order Type, under "Logs/Error handling" section, tick the check boxes "Goods Movement" and "Termination for incorrect Goods Mvt". If you perform IW41 and Goods Mvt, system will display error msg if goods movement is inccorect.

Thanks.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you give the error msg, we can debug that further to find out the reason.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction OIOR.

Control data section.

Field: Process Control (key): SAP1

You can check the entries for the Process control key using transaction OPKC, or create your own (category 30 for PM/SM orders)

Note: Auto GR is only relevant for Production Orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this OIOR. Plant Maintenance and Customer Service->Maintenance and Service Processing-->Define Control Parameters for Completion Confirmations.

make a setting for material movements, tick in check box of all components,

this can solve your issue

pl try

ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

"All Components" check box is in ticked state only. But this I believe is for display of components to be backflushed in the Overview Screen.

Thanks.

Raj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think if you have activated the back flush in the maintenance order then there is no need to go goods movement.it will automatically posted

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way in config to set the backflush indicator by default for an Order Type ?

Raj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

either you can set in the work center or in the material master record.so it will be automatically picked up

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried both but in IW41 I necessarily had to go to the 'Goods Movement' tab and then save to backflush the components.

How do we set the "Backflushing" indicator in the Component detail screen (in the Service Order) for a specific Order Type by default ? If this is set, I find that the backflushing is automatically posted.

Thanks.

Raj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in the component screen just scroll to the right you will find the back flushing column or just double click on the component item number ,you can see the back flush indicator

regards

thyagarajan