cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance component for WebClient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create 3 customized fields in Product Master for display in WebClient. I am trying to enhance component PRDCPOV under CustomHeader view.

The steps I have tried are based on the url listed here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/ed/bfb2ce6a6a46af92172c4ff901f125/frameset.htm

I manage to add the 3 fields to the Configuration tab preview screen but was not able to see these fields when I tested it (i.e. click on TEST button).

Can someone offer some advice for this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have already created a new configuration for the customized fields in the CustomHeader view and tested under UI environment. However, I am not too sure how to redefine DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION of the view controller class and use method SET_CONFIG_KEYS to set config keys.

Can Vinay kindly elaborate or provide some example on this?

Thanks to Binno and Suchita for the suggestions. The steps were already done but the issue persists, so I suspect it is due to config key determination.

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

When you do enhancements, you need to assign enhancement set to the client.

Go to transaction SM30.

enter BSPWDV_EHSET_ASG and cleick maintain.

Create a new entry for every client ( on which you are developing and the one on which webcliets will be run )

and assign your enhancement set to it.

Once this is Done, and then if yourun web client , i am sure you will see your fields.

If you have already done this and still not able to see it, then check have you done client copy for the customization ?

i.e. Suppose 100 is development client and 120 is sand box. You are doing developments in 100 and you run web UI ( url ) on 120 , then first, as said above, enhancement set must be assigned to 100 and 120 using SM30. and secondly the customizing request under which you are doing changes in view configuration too , should be client-copied to 120 usinf transaction SCC1.

incase you havent done this, Open SCC1 . Select you customizing request and click start immidiately button.

Thease could be the only two main reasons for your problem.

If you have done these two settings and still you are not ablw to see the fields you added, then you sould go for config key determination and all as described in above threads.

Thanks & Regards,

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you create a new configuration for this view ?? If yes, you should add the custom fields to the new configuration. You would need to code for rendering the new configuration by redefining the DO_CONFIG DETERMINATION of the view controller class.. Use the method SETCONFIG_KEYS to set the keys of ur configuration..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

When the view is tested using the BSP component workbench, the UI screen that is genereated is for the standard configuration. Hence the fields added would not be displayed.

Try testing the UI screen, by logging on with the desired profile and the fields added would be displayed.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas