cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Is it possible to count the inventory of 2 items into 1 item.

sample :

Item1 = 3

Item2 = 4

-

Item3 = 7

and the item that I will issue is Item3, without identifying if it is Item1 or item2.

thanks

charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From ur explanation,

i think your have 2 raw material as raw1 and raw2

and a finished good fin1 which is made from raw1 and raw2.

But normally if you go through the production process,then only the raw1 and raw2 will be consumed for fin1 and when u use inventory documents for fin1,it will affect raw1 and raw2 inventory quantity.

If you dont follow the production porocess,ur requirement can not be accomplished.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be a easy task by Stock Taking under Inventory - Inventory Transactions - Initial Qty, Inventory Tracking & Stock Posting.

Count the first two to 0. The Item3 qty can the sum of the qty of other two.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordo,

this is transactional we receive the Item1 and Item2 through GRPO and we issue the item using GI, so stock posting is not possible.

whiteman

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain it a bit more in detail. What do you mean by Count?

You can probably setup a Bill of Material for this

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda

Item1 is made up of different materials having different cost compare to item2, but when we Goods Issue it their will be no distinction between two product or they are the same, the inventory of two items will be count as one item.

charles

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Charles,

I am sorry !! I really do not follow the process....

Would you be able to ellaborate more or perhaps give an example

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Toto,

I dont třhink that this may be accomplished with standard functionality of SBO. But you may use following scenario:

To Item1 define alternative article as Item2

To Item2 define alternative article as Item1

Then create addon which will add to your forms user item which will show sum of selected item and all alternative items - this may be created with formatted search too on some user field (you cannot create addon). This information will be informatic only. When youll sell or make issue of item1 and item1 will be not on stock, system will notice you for alternative articles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have the answer, what I did is I use BOM

BOM1 Item3 one is to one with Item1

BOM2 Item3 one is to one with item2

I think this will work

Whiteman